Coulor

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lean Mommy Time!

So losing weight as we get older is so hard! I remember how easy it used to be when I was in high school and my early 20's. I look back and say "Man I weighed less back then!" Well mommies after we have that first baby, at least for most of us; the weight loss is so hard from here on. So I decided to do something about it. After I had Gavin I dropped the 16 lbs. I gained within 2 weeks which was amazing, but once I was unable to breastfeed the weight started pouring on! I was so angry and just upset because I didn't gain much, I didn't pig out and crave things while I was pregnant, but I have him and then the pounds just start setting in!

So over a month ago most of you watched the Royal Wedding and Kate Middleton was in the headlines for many things....one being for her and her mother's time on The Dukan Diet. What is the Dukan Diet you ask? Well it's an amazing French Doctor that designed a 4 Phase diet that you can live on the rest of your life so Clay and I got the book. I read the book, some parts 3 times so I'd be sure to understand it all! I was amazed by what he was saying in his book! So I decided I'd take this journey.

Well with all the changes in my household I haven't had the chance to start it yet, however I'm going by the Key principles in his book, pure/lean proteins and all the good vegetables on his list of 100 good foods to eat and lots of water! I started out at 189 lbs. and after almost 3 weeks has passed and I've lost 12 lbs. weighing in at 177! I haven't even started walking/jogging with Gavin yet because I've been so busy. My key is that I'm drinking so much water, even with all my meals so that allows me to not be hungry and snack throughout the day. I will post updates on this journey and feel free to ask questions or buy the book because it will amaze you! I will start the actual diet after Gavin's birthday because I'd like to enjoy some cake and fun food on his big day because cheating in the phases is not recommended so I'll eat like I've been doing and start running/jogging and hopefully drop even more!

Then when I start the actual diet I won't have as much to lose. My goal is 136 (according to what Dr. Dukan says my True Weight should be). And ladies I would recommend this diet because he doesn't go by the "American Standard" of what your weight should be by your height! That chart is so bogus I will say! It says I should weight 100-110 lbs. Seriously?! In what world do they live in...oh wait that's right the imaginary world of models and movie stars!!

Happy Reading Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment